Re: Matlab ginput

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Matlab ginput
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 10:05:21 -0600 (CST)

We faced this choice a few years ago in a differnt context. We "required"
ginput()-like functionality, and could not choose gnuplot for the same
reasons.

At that time we chose a package called pgplot. IT had the beneift of
optaillying forking off an X handler, so our application did not need an event
loop. This has served us very well, but integrating pgplot introduces it own
blemish, as it is written in f77.

We have compiled it with g77, and I have heard that others have "f2c"ed it,
but it is a problem.

-- DOn