Re: libtermcap error

From: John Sherk
Subject: Re: libtermcap error
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 21:25:58 -0400 (EDT)

John,

Thanks for the tip on "less". As it turns out, we are picking up less
from an nfs mouted directory from our ITS department. The utilities and
programs in that area were compiled with AIX 3.2.5 and exported to
campus. Although I have found that most of the utilities are binary
compatible with AIX 4, this is one that is not (at least not the way it
was compiled). Since the "more" program that comes with AIX 4 is pretty
good (allows paging back etc.), I have temporarily put in a link to it
(called less) on the system ahead of the nfs mounted less in the search
path. That has fixed the problem listed below until such time as I have
the chance to compile less locally.

I'm sure I would never have found this on my own. Thanks again.

...john