LaTeX style for octave programs ?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: LaTeX style for octave programs ?
Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 08:47:59 -0500

Ferdinand Schinagl <address@hidden> wrote:

: does anybody know about a style file for LaTeX to include octave
: programs and have them typeset in a nice fashionable way?

I don't know of anything that will help with this in the short term,
but I have thought a little bit about how I might be able to modify
Octave to allow people to write add-on code to walk Octave's parse
trees and generate anything they want, given the information available
in the tree.

Currently, the built-in `type' function does something like this, but
it isn't implemented in a way that is extensible and it doesn't handle
comments.  Handling comments in the parse tree may actually turn out
to the the hardest part of doing this, but I have some ideas about how
to do that as well.

If anyone is interested in working on this, please let me know.

Thanks,

jwe