global variables in functions

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: global variables in functions
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 1995 13:47 +0100 (MET)

Hi, I am a new octave user.

Isn't there any way of using an external (i.e. non local) variable in
a function?

A related question that has led me to the previous one: if I have a
function f() and want to make an array of the values of the inverse
function, how can I do?  I tried making an array x[] of numbers and
finding the zeroes of f(x)==x[i] for every i using the fsolve
function, but failed because I could not put fsolve inside a loop in
order to fill an array y[] because I could not use the nonlocal
variable i in the function F(x)=f(x)-x[i] that I gave to fsolve.

Thanks for caring.
Please answer to me directly, as my subscription to the list has not
yet been acknowledged.
--
            Francesco Potorti`  | address@hidden (Internet)