LOADPATH problem

From: Eyal Doron
Subject: LOADPATH problem
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 1995 12:06:05 +0100 (MET)

Hi,
  I wonder if anybody can solve this. I've got Octave working on an
Alpha OSF/1 3.0. However. if I specify e.g. the line
LOADPATH="~/mat:";
on my .octaverc file, I seem to lose the path to the Octave .m files,
in spite of the trailing colon. A leading colon gives the same result.
Any ideas?

Another (minor, and arguable) point: Shouldn't do_fortran_indexing be
"true" by default? Thats the way MATLAB handles it, and it confused the
hell out of me until I read the manual :)

Regards,
    Eyal Doron