help-ncurses

ncursesw on cygwin?

From: Felix Natter
Subject: ncursesw on cygwin?
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 17:22:48 +0200

hello,

I can compile a ncursesw application (gtypist) with cygwin,
but when running it from a windows command line (having copied
over a few cygwin DLLs), I get:

  Error opening terminal: cygwin.

When setting TERM=linux I get:
  Error opening terminal: linux.
and so on (I also tried TERM=xterm).

A message on the internet suggests that I should copy over terminal
information files, but I don't know what to copy over (from linux).

As you might guess from the ncursesw requirement, I need a UTF-8
capable terminal. I am using ncursesw 5.7-18.

Thanks!
--
Felix Natter