help-ncurses

Speed optimization

From: calondon
Subject: Speed optimization
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 20:28:26 -0000

Hi all:

Question:

I have program what runs fast in a 700 Mhz / 300 Mb Ram PC.

I install the binaries to an old laptop having many scrolling efect, the
screen works so slow.

But Dialog, the Installation program for Slackware runs well.

The guide "writing programs with Ncurses" says that the way to optimizate
speed is dont change Attributes and Color frecuently.

But, is another way to increase speed such as compiling options or terminal
capabilities?

Thanks.