help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] information line not displaying correctly

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] information line not displaying correctly
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 20:07:23 +0100

Hello Kilburn,

(Please answer only to the list.)

Op 25-11-18 om 08:28 schreef Kilburn Abrahams:
> when I open multiple files with nano 3.2 (or any other
> version), the top header does not put the name of the file in the center.

Hmm...  When you open multiple files in a recent nano, it should
not display nano's version number in the title bar but something
like [1/x].  So, please tell us how exactly you started nano.

Do you see the effect also when you start nano with --ignorercfiles?

> when I switched between files the top
> display overwrites the previous words.

I do not understand what you mean here.  Which words get overwritten?
And what is "the top display"?

What is the full output of 'locale'?
Do you use a local patch to your nano ebuild?
Does Gentoo apply a patch in the nano ebuild?
What is the full output of 'nano --version'?

Benno