help-nano

[Help-nano] False Error Messages in Searches?

From: Chime Hart
Subject: [Help-nano] False Error Messages in Searches?
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 11:40:57 -0700

I certainly adore the NANO search-and-replace. However, lately whether I am useing a control+w for a search or a control+backslash, searches work but I hear a message saying "not found" or "search wrapped" Whether logged in a unix shell or directly in Vinux, running Youbuntu with speech.
So as an example, if I search for
NANO
replace with
nano
it would say "nano not found" replaced 1 occurance, but that error seems to scroll away.
I usually run
nano -tzk
have also tried
nano -x
Same results. These errors are quite inconsistantly missleading. Thanks so much in advance for any guidance
Chime