help-nano

[Help-nano] Wrapping Text?

From: nocturnal
Subject: [Help-nano] Wrapping Text?
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:14:44 +0100

Hi

I can't figure out how to make nano wrap text, has this feature been disabled?

I found only one other post to the help list about wrapping text and it did not end in a solution to the problem of nano not wrapping text.

I have not disabled wrapping at compilation and i have even tried to run with unset nowrap in .nanorc. I'm using FreeBSD and compiled it from the ports with --enable-nanorc added to the configuration script arguments. My ~/.nanorc is not being ignored because i added some syntax highlighting to it without problems.

The comedy of it all is that i found an old bug from the Nano 0.8. days where a segfault was caused by a line being wrapped at the last line of the edit window but i found no information on how to actually enable wrapping of lines in nano! ;)
--

Med vänliga hälsningar

Stefan Midjich aka nocturnal
[Swehack] http://swehack.se