help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] Installing nano without `Make`

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Installing nano without `Make`
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 18:43:41 -0700

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 12:13:13PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to install Nano on a workstation (Sun Solaris 2.6), but in my system I
> don`t have the file `Make` (needed to install it).
>
> I downloaded the GNU Make, but it requires other applications that I don`t
> have
> either.
>
> Can anyone  tell me if there is another way to install Nano?

hi Herbert,

        Have you tried the package at
http://www.sunfreeware.com/programlist.html#nano
?  You will probably need root access to the box but it should do the
trick if the dependencies (cc, make & ncurses) are not available to you.
The pkg_add command installs the package under Solaris.  I hope this
helps.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001