help-mcsim

[Help-mcsim] Debian package availability

From: Bill Harris
Subject: [Help-mcsim] Debian package availability
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 08:39:45 -0800

In case anyone else here runs Debian, I created a Debian package that
may be of help.  It's the first time I have shared one, so there may be
all sorts of problems.

I created it using ./configure, make, checkinstall on a Debian Squeeze
(6.0.3) amd64 architecture system.  libsbml 5.4.0 had been installed
previously.  I presume (and Frederic seems to agree) that the
./configure is general enough so that specifics besides being a 64-bit
system may not be an issue.

While I think I'm trustworthy, use it at your own risk.  It's not much
easier to use this than to build it locally, but it does save a few
minutes.

While I don't have much spare time, I do welcome your feedback.  If I
did something strange that's preventing it from being useful, perhaps I
can learn and then improve it to make it more generally useful.

You can find the download on the main MCSim page at
http://www.gnu.org/software/mcsim/.

Bill

PS: If anyone has a foolproof installation for Windows (in particular,
for XP Pro or XP 64), I'm still interested.  I did that once years ago
with an earlier version of MCSim, but my recent attempts have failed.
An msi or the like would be great, if anyone is _really_ dedicated. :-)
--
Bill Harris
Facilitated Systems