RE: how to make symbolic links?

From: Mark Galeck (CW)
Subject: RE: how to make symbolic links?
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 22:58:19 -0700

>If you don't understand the comment in that rule, then you need to go
find a plain old book about UNIX that talks about symlinks and read
it.

Philip, I understand and appreciate the enormous service you and Paul and other
gurus here are providing to the GNU make user community.  That is why, be
assured, that before I post here, I try and RTFM and educate myself, so as to
not look silly and not waste your valuable time.   In this case, I carefully
read the documentation for both ln and relevant parts of GNU Make manual, and I
experimented as much as could.  I could still be wrong, as I am a rather
absent-minded person, but I always do my homework as best I can.