Rule to compile file[0-9].lf + file.file => file[0-9].view

From: bofrost
Subject: Rule to compile file[0-9].lf + file.file => file[0-9].view
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 03:15:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have some source files called file0.lf file1.lf file2.lf .... they should
compiled to file0.view file1.view file2.view ...
For compilation they need the file bla.file (whithout the number).

My question is how i can write a pattern Rule that my makefile atomatically
compiles my *.view files when ther is a chang in *.lf or *.file.

I've tried many things like

%.view : ./src/dss/%.file $(%:%[0-9]=%)
      echo "compiling"

but nothing works :(

Has anybody an idea how to write such a rule?

Greetings

Bofrost