RE: another really dumb question

From: Mark Galeck (CW)
Subject: RE: another really dumb question
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 03:15:23 -0800

Right, you and Christof said the same thing.  Thank you for both you .  But,
and now I am really going to embarrass myself, but OK, let me shine my
ignorance,

When I do

define FOOBAR
FOO := bar
$(info $(FOO))
endef

$(eval $(call FOOBAR))

what I thought was going to happen, is,
1. eval expands $(call), then

2.
FOO :=bar
$(info $(FOO))

is parsed. When that happens, the result is first
$(info bar)
and then this is parsed and the result is nothing as syntax, but "bar" printed
to stdout

and that should be it.  Where am I going wrong here?

Mark