@MAINTAINER_MODE_TRUE@

From: Ben Simpson
Subject: @MAINTAINER_MODE_TRUE@
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 11:53:01 -0500

To Whom it May Concern:

I am experiencing the error message: "make: *** No rule to make target address@hidden@', needed by `Makefile.in'. Stop." When I try to make a project. I have checked online and many people are experiencing this problem, however there is no documentation for a fix, so I am emailing you.

Someone suggested that version 3.80-9 of make changes something in the way m4 is processed. I cannot verify any of this, simply this is the only lead I received.

I am trying to develop a user interface using Glade-2 with Gnome support. The project will save and build. Once the ./autoconf.sh is generated, I run it and the environment is successfully constructed.

I then follow these steps as specified in the autoconf.sh file:

"Please create po/Makevars from the template in po/Makevars.template.
You can then remove po/Makevars.template. - Done

Please run 'aclocal -I m4' to regenerate the aclocal.m4 file.
You need aclocal from GNU automake 1.5 (or newer) to do this.
Then run 'autoconf' to regenerate the configure file." - Done

I run ./configure to generate the files necessary for the next step:

"Please run 'automake m4/Makefile' to create m4/Makefile.in"

I do this an receive the error message listed above about @MAINTAINER_MODE_TRUE@

Now, about my system:

i386, Xeon processor
1.5 GB RAM
Debian unstable kernel v. 2.6.9

What additional information do I need to provide for your information? I hope there is a fix.

Fantastic applications, keep up the good work!

Thanks,
Ben Simpson

--
Ben Simpson