RE: differences between define and '='

From: Dill, John
Subject: RE: differences between define and '='
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:55:48 -0600

>I don't follow this: why does using something as a "tab-command" (I
>assume you mean in a command script?) require zero whitespace footprint?

Yes I meant command script.  What I meant with zero whitespace footprint is
that if I'm using a make defined function in $(shell), sometimes whitespace
becomes a hidden issue when I apply a makefile function in a shell.  If I'm
echo some text or do some sed script, that extra space can mess things up.
Tab-command was a bad descriptor of what I meant.

Thanks for your response.
John