Generated makefiles

From: BShah
Subject: Generated makefiles
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 16:19:15 +0100

Hi all,

I have a rather odd problem with generated makefiles which I think might be
a bug or its faulty understand on my part.

If a generated makefile is included but doesn't exist, and rule to make the
makefile exists, gmake will remake the makefile, and then re-invoke itself.

If a generated makefile is included and it doesexist, and rule to make the
makefile exists, gmake will remake the makefile only if that makefile is out
of date, and then re-invoke itself.

The second statement appears to be the problem as I am seeing the makefile
being regenerated but make is NOT restarting.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Beej