help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Graphical tools

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Graphical tools
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:58:31 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Fri, June 19, 2009 1:20 pm, Dereck Hurtubise wrote:
> Ever planning on making the game in C++?
No, not really. In fact I like the current design "C for technical stuff
that requires speed" + "Guile/Scheme for all the high-level operations".
C++ brings, to some extent, the "high-level" (OO) approach that any script
language gives me, so I do not really feel the need for it now.

> Ever think about using QT for all your graphical purposes?
> Using QT will almost guarantee the program being cross-platform too.
This is another question, in fact, you can technically plug any graphical
backend on the "core" LW6 infrastructure. The main binary is not linked to
OpenGL whatsoever, only mod_gl.so is. The point is one has to *write* such
an alternate backend. As of today my priority remains to implement
advanced network support before sparing time on
yet-another-graphics-backend.

> This is just a suggestion, Don't even know if this is the right place to
> suggest it.
This is the right place, I'm always interested in knowing what can
interest user. I note your "Qt binding" proposition, but I clearly do not
place it on top of my "todo" list.

Have a nice day,

Christian.

--