help-librejs

Re: [Help-librejs] Can I reference a Git repository in the web labels?

From: zach wick
Subject: Re: [Help-librejs] Can I reference a Git repository in the web labels?
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 10:37:09 -0500

Hello,
Thank you for working to free some JS!

What you are trying to do is almost exactly what is expected. As you can read in the GNU _javascript_ License Web Labels guide [0], each row in your web labels table must contain three elements:

1. The name of the JS file as an HTML anchor tag to where the script is loaded from on your site
2. An HTML anchor tag that specifies the licensing information of this particular JS script
3. The third cell provides a link to the _javascript_'s source code. This source code file can be a single, unminified _javascript_ file, a .tar.gz archive, or a .zip archive

So, in your example, the first and second `td` elements look correct. In the third `td` element, you should link to the ZIP archive that is available on Github instead. One thing to note is that if the ZIP archive (or .tar.gz archive) contain multiple JS files, then the archive *must* also include a file named `00-Index` which specifies the order in which the JS files must be concatenated in order to recreate the exact ordering in the script that your page uses.

This all means that your HTML snippet should instead be something like:

I hope that this clears up any confusion that you had, and if not, please feel free to reach back out and we can get this all sorted out.

Good luck and happy hacking!
-zach

[0] https://www.gnu.org/licenses/_javascript_-labels.html