help-libidn

[bug-libidn] libidn-1.32 test failures

From: Nelson H. F. Beebe
Subject: [bug-libidn] libidn-1.32 test failures
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 15:54:31 -0600 (MDT)

I've now done 98 builds of libidn-1.32 on about 40 flavors of Unix,
and had a reasonable number of completely-successful test reports with
zero failures.  However, on several systems, I get 2 or more failures,
even on the same system using different compilers, suggesting a
possibly systematic problem.

Here is a summary of the failure reports:

% xzgrep -h ^FAIL *xz *.log | sort | uniq -c
      1 FAIL: test-lstat
     17 FAIL: tst_badutf8
      3 FAIL: tst_idna
     10 FAIL: tst_idna2
      7 FAIL: tst_idna3
     10 FAIL: tst_idna4
      3 FAIL: tst_nfkc
      3 FAIL: tst_pr29
      3 FAIL: tst_punycode
      3 FAIL: tst_strerror
     49 FAIL: tst_stringprep
      3 FAIL: tst_symbols
     10 FAIL: tst_tld
     10 FAIL: tst_toutf8
     43 FAIL: tst_utf8crash

In two dozen builds on various systems, I get a test summary of

        # FAIL:  2

and all of them report the same two failures:

        tst_stringprep
        tst_utf8crash

I can provide detailed build logs to any interested libidn developer,
and am happy to work with that person to try to resolve the cause of
these failures.  Contact me off this list if you wish to follow up; if
you get e-mail back from me in a day or two, feel free to telephone me
at the number below: my mail volume is large, and I have numerous mail
filters that might prevent my seeing your message.

- Department of Mathematics, 110 LCB    Internet e-mail: address@hidden  -
- 155 S 1400 E RM 233                       address@hidden  address@hidden -