help-libidn

Re: invalid memory access in idna_to_ascii_8z

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: invalid memory access in idna_to_ascii_8z
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 22:07:00 +0200

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 2:14 AM, Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi.  I've tried to address the invalid UTF-8 issue when using libidn:
>> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=libidn.git;a=commitdiff;h=2e97c2796581c27213962c77f5a8571a598f9a2e
>> Your thoughts and comments on this is appreciated.  Testing whether this
>> actually solves your problem is encouraged.
>
> Thanks. That solves the detected issues in gnutls.

Great.  I'll do a release now to make it easier for others to test it.

I'm still open for making changes in how this fix is designed (i.e.,
change how the API works and is documented) and implemented (e.g., use
libunistring for more stuff, instead of old reused glib functions), but
I don't think it should hold up a release.

/Simon