help-libidn

Decoding ACE created by libidn2...

From: Thomas Jacob
Subject: Decoding ACE created by libidn2...
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 17:17:00 +0200

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask questions
about Libidn2, but anyway...

What's supposed to be the standard way to convert
ACE encoded domain names that were created with
according to IDNA2008 (e.g. "xn--bue-6ka.de" -> "buße.de" )?

Libidn2 doesn't seem to supply such a function yet, the
older Libidn (at least the cmd line tool) doesn't either
really, but I can manually split the punycode part from
the xn-- in each label and then use Libidn's punycode decoder
to reach my goal. Seems a bit of a hassle though.

But I seem to remember to have read somewhere
that the reason IDNA2008 wasn't just added to Libidn
was to make it possible to install just this
new library in the future (embedded systems and
the like), so there probably should be some
way to do this without Libidn?

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

   Regards,
           Thomas