help-libidn

Re: Win64, libidn-1.19, one failing test.

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Win64, libidn-1.19, one failing test.
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 12:03:03 +0100

"Sisyphus" <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]

Are you building 64-bit binaries on a 32-bit Windows system perhaps?
Then it is a cross-compiler.  This distinction doesn't matter though, as
it is most likely a bug in gnulib's getopt or mingw64 (or the
self-test...).

Btw, you should be able to safely use your libidn build anyway, if all
the other checks passed (use 'make check -k').  Gnulib self-tests a lot
of things that most applications (including libidn) doesn't use.

I just realized that I do have a Win64 system, but it is my primary
laptop and I typically never use Windows so rebooting it is a bit
cumbersome, but at least I will be able to debug this further if you
aren't successful.

/Simon