help-libidn

Re: Release libidn-0.17 not available for download

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Release libidn-0.17 not available for download
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 09:05:42 +0100

Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear libidn maintainer(s),
>
> I'm somewhat confused about the current release state of libidn.
> On the one hand, there exists a Git tag "libidn-1-17" which is
> 9 days old. On the other hand, there is no release tarball available
> on the GNU ftp servers.
>
> Did something went wrong here ...?

Libidn 1.17 is an alpha release (available only from alpha.gnu.org), see
the recent discussion on this list about shared library version problem
discovered in earlier releases.  During alpha testing, Marco noticed a
problem the libidn.map file, and I agree, so I'll need to fix that, and
then release 1.18 as a stable release.  Hopefully this will happen this
week.

/Simon