help-libidn

Re: win32 Visual Studio 2005 project for libidn 1.x

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: win32 Visual Studio 2005 project for libidn 1.x
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 17:50:12 +0100

Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:

> Adam Strzelecki <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi Simon,
>>
>> I'm sending you updated changes for GIT HEAD for both gsasl & libidn,
>> this time I've made proper patches, no extra zip files or anything.
>
> Thanks.  I'm forwarding this, with the patch, to the libidn list, so
> that others don't waste their time developing similar patches.  I know
> others have been looking at this before.
>
> For the record, I think this is ready to install in git when we receive
> the copyright assignment.  So others should feel comfortable testing it.

The FSF confirmed the assignment today (finally!), so I made a release
1.6 with the VS project files.  I updated the Windows section for the
installation descriptions in the manual as well:

http://josefsson.org/libidn/manual/libidn.html#Downloading-and-Installing

Adam, does the v1.6 release include everything you think it should?

Many thanks for contributing this, and having the patience to deal with
the copyright assignment.

/Simon