help-libidn

Re: Is windows platform (Win 2000/Win XP/Win 2003 Server) supported by G

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Is windows platform (Win 2000/Win XP/Win 2003 Server) supported by GNU Libidn?
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 17:16:18 +0100

"Pieush Nautiyal" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi
>
> 1.    Is windows platform (Win 2000/Win XP/Win 2003 Server) supported
> by GNU Libidn? If yes, what are the steps for including Libidn library
> in a VC 6.0 project?

Hi!  Thanks for your interest in libidn.  Windows is supported by GNU
Libidn, tested compilers are Cygwin and Mingw32.  There are no
instructions on how to include it in a VC project, but since this is
ANSI C89 source code, incorporating it should not be difficult.  If
you come up with something, please consider to contribute it back to
us so that others can benefit from your work.

> 2.    I want to convert Mac Roman characters to Unicode characters for
> a VC 6.0 application. Can this be done using GNU Libidn?

LibIDN uses Libiconv to do charset conversion.  While you can use
LibIDN for this, you could just as well use Libiconv directly.

Thanks,
Simon