help-hurd

Re: Problems with the console

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Problems with the console
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 19:57:42 +0000

Alex <io_alex_2004@fastmail.fm> writes:

>     I dont know how or if i can see the processes while im in the
> console, because when i am in, i see nothing.

Well, I wondered if the console server died, but it is not clear to me
by looking at this data.

> I really dont know if it has any connection, because i am very new to
> hurd, but if i want to run "/libexec/console-run ps" for example it
> tells me
>     setid: operation not permitted . Same error with "/libexec/runttys"

No need to do that.  It is run at system startup.

> Maybe there is a conflict with the translators (like keyboard
> translator for example, but i doubt it)

No, normally the ncursesw driver would work.

So I have no idea what is going on.  Hopefully someone else can help
you with this problem.  This is one of those problems that most likely
will disappear after a re-installation. :)

--
Marco