Online meet-up: talk by Ludovic Courtès

From: Steve George
Subject: Online meet-up: talk by Ludovic Courtès
Date: Sat, 4 May 2024 10:01:19 +0100

Hi,

I'm always interested to hear about the history and future of projects I
follow. So I'm looking forward to hearing Ludovic Courtès give a talk at the
next Guix online meet-up on May 16th.

If you've ever wanted to ask how the project got to be called Guix?, why the
init system is called Shepherd? What Ludo thinks is cool and what might happen

https://libreplanet.org/wiki?title=Group:Guix/PatchReviewSessions2024&action=edit&section=4

NOTE: if you can't add your question to the Wiki please email me and I'll add
it for you!

As usual the details on how to join the Jitsi and the time are all on the Wiki
[0]. We'll have Ludo's talk, time for chatting and who knows maybe some patch
reviews!

And, on May 29th David Wilson of System Crafters will be giving a talk: you
might know that David is currently running courses to teach people about Scheme
and he has lots of fun videos[1] about using Guix & Emacs[2]

Steve / Futurile

[0] https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/PatchReviewSessions2024
[1] https://systemcrafters.net/
[2] Other editors are also available