Re: Having a problem invoking curl only when using guix pull

From: John Soo
Subject: Re: Having a problem invoking curl only when using guix pull
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 17:21:29 -0700

Hi Brian,

Others may correct me if I’m wrong here, but during the build phase, network io
is off limits. This is since there is not way to reliably guarantee the
contents of things gotten over the network remain unchanged between builds, and
so would break the immutability guarantees of the package system.

Again, I could be wrong, I hope others will correct me.

- John