Re: Problem on LXQt service definition

From: Reza Alizadeh Majd
Subject: Re: Problem on LXQt service definition
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 14:17:49 +0430

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

based on my researches about using LXQt as a service on guix (like other
desktop services previously defined), I found following comment on LXQt's
Github: https://github.com/lxqt/lxqt/issues/1521#issuecomment-405097453

It seems that I need to customize `$XDG_CONFIG_DIRS` in order to be able to
load  session files from `prefix/etc/share` instead of `prefix/etc/xdg` but I
couldn't find a proper way to do this, and  hoped that defining a shepherd
service with modified environment variables in it's start script could help.

do we have any reference about modification of environment variables during
service start?

Thanks,
Reza