Re: root zsh to bash

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: root zsh to bash
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 12:51:19 +0100

mikadoZero <address@hidden> writes:

> I am trying to switch the root user from zsh to bash.
>
> The relevant part of my system configuration is:
>
>   (users (cons (user-account
>         (name "guix")
>         (group "users")
>         (supplementary-groups '("wheel" "netdev" "audio"))
>         (home-directory "/home/guix"))
>              %base-user-accounts))

This is not an account definition for the “root” user.  The manual says
that the “root” user account is special:

 -- Scheme Variable: %base-user-accounts
     This is the list of basic system accounts that programs may expect
     to find on a GNU/Linux system, such as the “nobody” account.

     Note that the “root” account is not included here.  It is a
     special-case and is automatically added whether or not it is
     specified.

I suppose you can just use chsh to change the root user’s default shell.

--
Ricardo