Installing webbrowser and email client via Guix package manager

From: Meikel
Subject: Installing webbrowser and email client via Guix package manager
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2019 15:51:21 +0100

Hi folks,

I'm interested in playing around with Guix. I found that "The Guix package manager can also be installed on top of a running GNU/Linux system" and so I followed instrunctions in

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Installation.html#Installation

Now I'm able to run something like i.e.

  guix package -i mailutils

which works. As a use case I'd like to install a webbrowser and an email client (i.e. Firefox and Thunderbird or something else) so that I'm able to browse the internet and read my emails with software that was installed via "guix package -i". I'd like to run

  guix package -i <webbrowser> <emailclient>

but I have no idea of how to find available packages for such software like webbrowser or email client.

Can someone point me to where to find documentation about how this can be done?

Regards,

Meikel