Re: Single channel update (or channels vs. GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH)

From: John Soo
Subject: Re: Single channel update (or channels vs. GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH)
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 15:24:19 -0800

Hello Pierre,

I’ve been working a lot on some packages in a private channels and my workflow
is usually focused on building properly which is a matter of:

guix build -L /path/to/channel <package>

To test runtime behavior I still have to pull which does mean pulling the
default channel, too.  This so far has worked well. If pulling becomes too
much, maybe specifying a commit of the default guix channel could work. What do
you think?

- John