Re: guix package -i error on another account after system reconfigure

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: guix package -i error on another account after system reconfigure
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 07:49:32 +0100

Yoshinori Arai <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't know what's difference of behaivor between system wide guix and
> per-user
> guix.

They are all possibly different versions of Guix.  My hope was that you
find at least one version that is not affected by the miscompilation.

> I think the problem is guile compiled libraries of current profile. But I
> don't
> know how could recompile the libraries or rebuild the profile of new account
> that produce by system reconfigure.

You cannot recompile anything in the store.  The store is read-only.
This is why I was suggesting using a different version from which to run
“guix pull”.

--
Ricardo