Re: Guile text editor

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Guile text editor
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 13:15:42 +0100

> One more: when I've installed guile-emacs, emacs was starting for 30 seconds.
> deleted guile-emacs, and now emacsstarts quickly (1-2 seconds). But I think it
> works slower than geany. I need info how disable unnecessary stuff.

How fast does Emacs start when run as `emacs -Q`?
You can check the startup time by running `M-x emacs-init-time`.  (`M-x` could
mean
Alt-x on your keyboard).

Do you have an ~/.emacs.d folder or a ~/.emacs file?  You might want to inspect
those.

You can also install emacs-esup, then run `M-x esup` to profile your startup
times.

Finally, vanilla Emacs is very fast, it should not lag.
Can you tell a difference with or without Geiser?

Not that if you only want basic Scheme support, Emacs provides it out of the
box, without Geiser.

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/