Re: sha256 hash mismatch

From: Fredrik Salomonsson
Subject: Re: sha256 hash mismatch
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 19:49:46 -0800

Den mån 19 nov. 2018 10:53 skrev swedebugia <address@hidden>:
Welcome to guix :)
Thanks!

Sorry about the rough start. Guix-land is a real adventure sometimes!

No worries. Not my first time venturing into guix-land. I'm a little bit more prepared this time. Got a wifi-card that linux-libre supports. And I'm more familiar with the guile language.

Thanks for specifying the command and config.scm.
Did you follow the manual?
Yes. I only authorised berlin. As I assume hydra is already authorised. Is that assumption correct?

I suspect you did not as guix was trying to build stuff (normally we
have substitutes for almost everything if you either run init without
pulling first (=guix 0.15) or pull to a commit a week ago or so.

Getting substitutes to work is crucial if you are not very patient. The
hash mismatches are a plague brought by changes upstream which are NOT
retroactively fixed.

You can check the availability of substitutes with "guix weather".

With substitutes working and available init should not take more that 10
min on a recent machine. It would probably be a good idea to state this
in the manual.

Thanks for pointing out "guix weather". I've seen it mentioned from time to time in the mailing list. But didn't know what it was used for. Any good workflow to find a commit that have good substitute coverage? As from what I understand, reading the manual. It will only check the guix version you're running.

If you want to hack on guix you will have to update guix above 0.15.

That's my end goal. Just need to be able to install it. :)

Will try to do a guix pull, to see if that works.

On 2018-11-19 06:10, Fredrik Salomonsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Trying to install guix-0.15 to see if I can get dual booting with btrfs
> working on my laptop. But didn't get that far. Encounter an error when
> running guix system init. Ran it twice, same error. Any idea what could
> be wrong? Took about 4-6h to run it the first time.

Sorry about the rough start. Guix-land is a real adventure sometimes!

> Here's the command:
> guix system init /mnt/etc/config.scm /mnt/
> --substitute-urls="https://hydra.gnu.org https://berlin.guixsd.org"
Thanks for specifying the command and config.scm.
Did you follow the manual? (e.g. authorize the keys for both servers above?)

--
Cheers
Swedebugia