Re: GNU Icecat crashed tab

From: nightowl
Subject: Re: GNU Icecat crashed tab
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 04:27:11 +0200

Thanks all for the help and advice on handling package upgrades and memory management. I have been able to update my system now and use icecat version 60. I can verify that the tab crash appears to be resolved with this new version of icecat on my PC, however I also now notice that scrolling is not as smooth as it used to be. There seem to be some delay and jerkiness when scrolling up and down pages with allot of content, like say a nice wikipedia page with some meaty topic and lots of figures. I have compared this by booting into my old system config, and find the scrolling in the previous icecat version is definitely smoother. Gnome web also shows smoother scrolling than the version 60 icecat. This new version looks to still be a pre-release, so maybe there are some issues to address with the fluidity of the scrolling.