Re: Enable guix-devel-mode only in guix source files

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Enable guix-devel-mode only in guix source files
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 00:30:28 +0200

Hello,

Alex Kost <address@hidden> skribis:

> And in general, I don't like when developers make default settings that
> are hard to "fix".  What if I don't want to use 'guix-devel-mode' at
> all?  Why do you force me to use it?
>
> That's why I disabled all these dir-locals in my emacs config:
> developers often put to ".dir-locals.el" their personal settings.  I
> just can't stand it.

I view .dir-locals as a simple way to share project-wide settings among
developers, for settings that implement conventions that the project
follows.

I was thinking of it as something to help developers get started (as in:
the editor will follow some conventions without you having to worry too
much about it), but I also understand and respect the desire to not be
“forced” and to remain in control.

Ludo’.