Cuirass fibers crash // using with GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Cuirass fibers crash // using with GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 17:15:14 +0200

Hi Guix,

I have a server running GuixSD with Cuirass and it’s supposed to build a
bunch of user-provided manifests continuously.  These manifests refer to
packages that are defined in a separate repository that is on
GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH, so really the Cuirass specification for them depends
on two repositories.  Can we express this with specifications?

Previously I set up a cron job to update the second repository and
added it on the load-path through the Cuirass service configuration.

Since a recent update to Cuirass and the service “load-path” is no
longer a valid field, so it seems I can no longer do this.  Do you have
any recommendations on how to accomplish my goal?

Another problem is that Cuirass crashes on startup.  The Cuirass log
shows me this:

2018-08-09T16:54:05 running Fibers on 4 kernel threads
Uncaught exception in fiber ##f:
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    619:8  1 (_ #(#(#<directory (fibers) 127b500> #<<scheduler> ?> ?)))
In unknown file:
           0 (_ #<procedure 3de7aa0 at ice-9/eval.scm:330:13 ()> #<?> ?)
ERROR: In procedure for-each: Wrong type argument: #f

The Cuirass process remains, but appears to be stuck.

--
Ricardo