GNOME updates (was: MTP & Guix)

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: GNOME updates (was: MTP & Guix)
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 15:08:25 +0200

Marius Bakke <address@hidden> writes:

> Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I’m already working on the upgrades to all of GNOME, including the gvfs
>>> upgrade to 1.36.2.
>>
>> This happens on the “core-updates” branch.
>
> Could you create a 'gnome-updates' branch for this?  That makes it
> easier to track the changes, and allows for building it without
> rebuilding the entire world.
>
> We might want to merge it to core-updates rather than build it on its
> own regardless, but at least we have the option.  What do you think?

Changes to the GNOME stack require some changes that are almost
equivalent to rebuilding the world, I’m afraid.  There are changes to
dependencies of GTK+ and Pango, which result in more than 2400 rebuilds.

I have started making these changes on top of core-updates.  Once I’m
done I can push them to a separate branch that could later be merged
into core-updates.

--
Ricardo