Re: Conflict resolution (gtk, wayland)

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: Re: Conflict resolution (gtk, wayland)
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 17:55:49 +0200

Rutger Helling <address@hidden> writes:

> I've created a patch to update Mesa on staging, along with removing
> wayland-egl from it. I can confirm I can still start GNOME on Wayland
> manually after rebuilding with this patch.

Excellent, thanks!

> Should I apply this to staging now? It's been two weeks since the last
> commit to staging, and a merge doesn't seem to be happening anytime
> soon.

Hydra is currently busy with 'core-updates'.  In the mean time, please
queue up patches on 'staging' so we can start it as soon as core-updates
is merged.  The patch LGTM!

> On an unpleasant side-note, certain things are completely broken on
> GNOME on Wayland with staging. Menus and buttons don't work anymore. I
> suspect this is because our mutter and gnome-shell packages are too old
> (3.24.x instead of 3.28.x).

Does GNOME on Wayland work on current 'master'?  The only real
difference on staging (apart from this patch) is GTK+ 3.22.30, which is
fairly uneventful:

https://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/gnome/sources/gtk+/3.22/gtk+-3.22.30.news

But perhaps they removed some other interfaces when adding xdg-shell
support?