Upgrade errors

From: sidhu1f
Subject: Upgrade errors
Date: Sat, 5 May 2018 01:12:28 +0530

Hi

I have managed to install Guix SD on my laptop but am having problems
upgrading.

'guix pull' went through fine but 'sudo guix system reconfigure
/etc/config.scm' is giving the following errors:

guix system: unloading service 'user-homes'...
shepherd: Removing service 'user-homes'...
shepherd: Done.
guix system: unloading service 'term-auto'...
shepherd: Removing service 'term-auto'...
shepherd: Done.
guix system: loading new services: user-homes term-auto...
shepherd: Evaluating user _expression_ (register-services (primitive-load "/gnu/st?") #).
shepherd: Service user-homes could not be started.
shepherd: Service term-auto could not be started.
Installing for i386-pc platform.
/gnu/store/nrv2v67k7r6s8pr7fl97hjp649idiiqn-grub-2.02/sbin/grub-install: error: unable to identify a filesystem in hostdisk//dev/sda; safety check can't be performed.

The services not restarting error seems similar to bug#30706 which at
least in one person was able to resolve by rebooting
(https://debbugs.gnu.org/db/30/30706.html). Rebooting doesn't help in
my case.

The grub-install error seems due to full disk encryption (with
LUKS). Unclear why it occurs as I followed install instructions for
disk encryption.

Original install was version 0.14, x86-64. My config.scm is attached.

Please help!

Regards
sidhu1f