Re: Adding chainloader stanzas to Grub

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: Adding chainloader stanzas to Grub
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 16:15:23 -0400

白い熊@相撲道 <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello:
>
> Is there a way to add full chainloader stanzas to Grub via the sysconfig file
> through system reconfigure in GuixSD.

Why do you need to do a chainloader?  You could just boot into PureOS right?

> I'd like to have for instance the following entry added:
>
> menuentry "PureOS on /dev/sda2" {
>    set root=(hd0,9)
>    chainloader +1
>    }

I'm attaching my config file, but my basic configuration to boot
straight from a different partition is:

 (bootloader (bootloader-configuration
              (bootloader grub-bootloader)
              (menu-entries
               (list (menu-entry
                      ;; specify that I want to boot Parabola as well.
                      (label "Parabola")
                      (linux "(hd0,1)/boot/vmlinuz-linux-libre")
                      (linux-arguments '("root=/dev/sda1 ro"))
                      (initrd "(hd0,1)/boot/initramfs-linux-libre.img"))))
              (target "/dev/sda")))