Re: guix fail to reconfigure the system

From: Clément Lassieur
Subject: Re: guix fail to reconfigure the system
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 01:05:03 +0200

Hi Matija,

Matija Obid <address@hidden> writes:

>> Hello Maitja,
>>
>> Maitja Obid <address@hidden> skribis:
>>
>>> I have freshly installed guixsd distribution. Afer running guix pull and
>>> system build i was trying to switch into newly built system with
>>> system reconfigure which gives me next error:
>>>
>>>   address@hidden ~# guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm
>>>   guix system: error: stat: No such file or directory: "system"
>>>
>>> What can be wrong?
>>
>> No idea at first sight.  Could you share your config.scm?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ludo’.

[...]

>    (bootloader (bootloader-configuration
>                 (bootloader grub-bootloader)
>                 (target "/dev/sda")))
>
>    (file-systems (cons (file-system
>                         (device "system")
>                         (mount-point "/")
>                         (type "ext4"))
>                        %base-file-systems))

The meaning of 'device' depends of 'title', whose default value is
'device.  So right now Guix looks for a node under /dev, but there is no
/dev/system.

You probably forgot to add (type 'label), if "system" refers to the file
system label name.  Or alternatively you could use (device "/dev/sdaX").

You can have a look at
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/guix.html#index-file_002dsystem
for more details.

Good luck!