Re: problem with Icecat in GuixSD 0.14.0

From: Marco van Hulten
Subject: Re: problem with Icecat in GuixSD 0.14.0
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 21:21:43 +0100

Stefan—

Je 13 dec 06:24 skribis Stefan:
> I had the same "Content Encoding" error and I solved it by following
> these instructions:
>
> 1. Open IceCat browser and at the address bar write: about:config
> 2. Click on "I accept the risk!" button
> 3. At the Search bar write and search for the string: encoding
> 4. Double click on "network.http.accept-encoding"
> 5. Change 'String Value' from "gzip, deflate" to: true
> 6. Close the browser and see the result.

Thanks, this does away with the "Content Encoding" problem.

Navigation on https://tv.nrk.no/ now works properly, but when I try to
play a video, I get the message:
> Kunne ikke spille av fordi JavaScript ikke ble funnet!
>
> Aktiver JavaScript i innstillingene til din nettleser.

It says that it cannot play because JavaScript is not found, and that I
need to enable it in the settings of my webbrowser.  But it should
already be: when I click on the LibreJS button, it gives me the option
to re-"Block all nonfree/nontrivial scripts from this page".

Of course, this may quite likely be an upstream problem.

—Marco