Re: "guix-latest" differs when two users run "guix pull" from same commi

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: "guix-latest" differs when two users run "guix pull" from same commit
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 19:53:16 -0800

> Chris Marusich <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> When two users run "guix pull" using the same commit, two different
>> versions of "guix-latest" get built.  This surprised me, and in any case
>> it seems inefficient to build the same version of Guix two times.  Why
>> do two different derivations get built?
>
> That’s a bug!  :-)

I see!  Nice to know my suspicions were correct.

> Can you compare the two ‘guix-latest’ outputs with ‘diff -r’?  I’m
> guessing the difference stems from (guix config).

I've attached the output of the following command:

  diff -r /home/marusich/.config/guix/latest /root/.config/guix/latest

Note that although these two "guix-latest" were built from the same
commit, that commit is NOT the one mentioned earlier in this email
thread.

--
Chris