Should I upgrade root user's guix too?

From: Attic Hermit
Subject: Should I upgrade root user's guix too?
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 20:08:05 +0900

I use guix for using the softwares that Parabola GNU+Linux doesn't
provide. Everything works great, but I have a question on the upgrade of
guix itself.

I regularly do `guix pull && guix package -u` in my default user, but I
rarely do it in root user. I don't know if I'm right, but the guix build
users runs the guix of the version of root, so if I don't upgrade the
guix of root, that will stay on the old version for good. Therefore, the
guix of root should be upgraded as well, when the guix of the default
user is upgraded; Am I right?

If upgrading the root's guix is valid, then which guix should be
upgraded before? I usually upgrade non-root user's guix before
and then root's.

I couldn't find a related topic on the manual, so I'm little bit
confused.

--
Attic Hermit