Re: Incorrect Emacs UI on foreign distro (Ubuntu)

From: Niall Dooley
Subject: Re: Incorrect Emacs UI on foreign distro (Ubuntu)
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 23:17:52 +0100

I too experience a similar behaviour on my foreign distro (Trisquel 7 which
though is downstream of Ubuntu so in this respects equivalent) although my DE
of choice is Xfce. I too would like to understand why this occurs.

I tend to disable the menu bar, toolbar and scroll bar so it's not such a big
concern for me. However, on start up I would still get a split second flash of
these UI and see the behaviour you report. To get around this flash I disable
these same UI in a .Xresources file and so no longer have to see this issue.
Niall