Re: persistent reproducibility ?

From: Quiliro
Subject: Re: persistent reproducibility ?
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 10:03:31 -0500

El Sun, 26 Mar 2017 02:39:19 -0700
Chris Marusich <address@hidden> escribió:

> Quiliro <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > El Thu, 23 Mar 2017 22:39:52 -0700
> > Chris Marusich <address@hidden> escribió:
> >
> >> By the way, in case you were wondering, one reason why we don't put
> >> the sources for every package into the Guix source tree is because
> >> that would make the Guix source tree prohibitively large.  The
> >> transitive closure of sources for GNU Hello alone weighs in at 1750
> >> MiB (wow!) when uncompressed.  And that's only for those specific
> >> versions of the source files.
> >
> > How much space would the sources for every package in compressed
> > format take?
>
> According to 'guix size', the total size of the compressed sources for
> hello is 213.3 MiB, which is still quite large:

Thank you very much for this example. I know hello requieres certain
dependencies that make it very heavy to download them. Perhaps these
will be part of the big weight of the whole. How much does the whole
GuixSD package repository weigh? How can it be calculated without
downloading everything?

--
Example of rude top posting: